The cantata Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ was composed by J. S. Bach for the Christmas Day 1724. It belongs to that yearly set of “chorale cantatas” the texts of which were mostly derived from a single chorale.
The anonymous author of the text used to retain literally the first and last verses of the selected chorale, but paraphrased the middle verses more or less freely in the form of recitatives, arias and ariosi.
- Edition no.: BA 10091-90
- ISMN: 9790006490783
- Composer / Author: Bach, Johann Sebastian
- Title: Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ BWV 91Cantata for Christmas Day
- Detailed instrumentation: Soprano solo, Alto solo, Tenor solo, Bass solo, Mixed choir (SATB), Oboe (3), Horn (2), Timpani, Strings, Basso continuo
- Volume / Series: BÄRENREITER URTEXT
- Arranger: Raphael, Günter
- Editor: Dürr,Alfred / Raphael, Günter
- Product format: Vocal Score, Urtext edition
- Comments on the edition: Study score = TP 1091
- Language(s) of work: German
- Duration (approx.):00:19:00